Rules and Policies
CAMPGROUND RULES AND POLICIES
(Note: Video monitoring is in-use on the premises.)
Welcome and thank you for staying with us at Purdie Creek Campground. We are committed to providing a safe and family-friendly campground. Safety is one of our top priorities so we ask that all campers and visitors follow our rules and policies.
1. Registration: All campers must register and pay online (www.pccamp.site) or in our office prior to going to a site. Our office is located at directly across of our main entrance. If you arrive after our office is closed for the day and want to register in-person, you must call us at 662-614-3120 or 662-614-0274. We are only moments away from the campground. Online reservations only may be made after 8:00 p.m. CST.
2. Refunds: We do not provide refunds for any cancellations or early departures. Before making your reservation, please call us and we can hold your site until you arrive without making a reservation. If your plans change, we can lift the hold without any costs.
3. Early Departures: Early departures fall within our refund policy.
4. Check-in/Check-out Times: Check-in is at 1:00 p.m. CST, and Check-out is at 12:00 a.m. CST. Please give us a call or send us an email if you will be arriving after dark and will need assistance locating your site and/or backing into your site. We will be glad to meet you at the campground to assist you.
5. Vehicles: Vehicles must be parked on your own site. Two vehicles per site are allowed. Additional parking must be arranged with us at the Office. Visitors to your campsite may park in the front of the Campground near the office if your site does not have sufficient parking space. No one should park in the streets or on grassy areas.
6. Water Usage: Washing cars, trucks, and campers as well as filling kiddy pools use water beyond what is allowed for normal usage. We allow these at the campground, but at the following costs: Washing a regular car or truck - $5.00/vehicle, washing a camper - $10.00/unit, and filling kiddy pools - $5.00/pool. Please pre-pay at the office before each wash or before filling a pool.
7. Quiet hours: Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. CST to 8:00 a.m. CST. Loud music is not allowed at any time.
8. Children: For their safety, children under the age of 9 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Parents will be held responsible for the actions of their minor children.
9. Speed Limit: For the safety of everyone, especially children, the speed limit for all vehicles is 15 MPH. No vehicle should exceed this limit.
10. Maintenance of your campsite: Please help us keep the campground in an attractive condition. It is your responsibility to keep your site neat and clean. Pick up and dispose of all trash, bottles, cans, etc., that may fall to the ground. Items that are permitted on your site include patio furniture (no household furniture), grills, camping rugs, camping items, tables, cooking items, etc. You will be asked to remove any item deemed by us as unattractive. No bins, tubs, or tarps are allowed on or under any camper. Multiple requests without removal of the item could result in your removal from the campground.
11. Garbage: The garbage dumpster is located near the south exit of the campground. This dumpster is for camp-generated (residential) waste only. Please place all trash within trash bags before dumping, and close the doors on the bin once your trash has been put inside. Do not place any of the following items in or near the dumpster: appliances, grills, batteries, chemicals, tires, TVs, etc. Campers are responsible for removing all of their personal belongings from the campground property when you leave. This includes but is not limited to propane tanks, televisions, grills, awnings, bicycles, swings, mattresses, tables, rugs, sewer hoses, water hoses, etc.
12. Travel/Access: Please respect your neighbors' spaces. Use streets and designated paths to travel throughout the campground. Please do not walk, ride, or drive through any campsite of others. Avoiding the campsites of others is especially important around and near the Fishing Pond and Walking Path. Designated trails exist so that no one should pass through the campsite of another when going to and from the Pond or Walking Path. Please ensure that all children and young adults are reminded to avoid the campsites of others as they travel the campground.
13. Pets: Pets are allowed at the campground as long as they are well behaved. Dogs that bark excessively or demonstrate aggressive behavior are not permitted. Pets must not be allowed outside unattended and must be on a leash when walking in the campground. Campers are allowed to walk their pets beyond the Walking Trail. It is the owner's responsibility to clean up the pet waste inside the campground and near the Walking Trail.
14. Alcohol Policy: The following are prohibited: (a) Consuming an alcoholic beverage in a common area, including the Picnic Area; (b) consuming an alcoholic beverage while operating a vehicle; and/or (c) creating alcohol-induced and/or alcohol-related disturbances within the campground. Campers who violate this policy will be asked to leave the property, and no refund will be given. The Grenada County Sheriff's Office will be called, if needed.
15. Trees: Please do not cut down any trees or cut limbs from trees. Also, do not put nails or hooks in any tree.
16. Expressly Prohibited Items and Actions: (a) Draining gray or waste water onto the ground; (b) Washing vehicles of any kind; (c) Repairing autos, etc.; (d) Disbursing chemicals, pesticides, etc.; (e) Discharging fire arms, air riffles, bow and arrows, and/or paint ball guns; (f) Cranking/using chainsaws, pole saws, or other gas-powered tools; (g) Powering or storing refrigerators, freezers, ice makers, etc.; (h) Operating motorbikes and ATVs; (i) Acting with disorderly conduct and/or using profanity in the presence of others.
Disclaimer: While on our property, Campers and their visitors/guests assume all risk and responsibility for personal injury or death as well as damage to personal property, whether theirs or property of others, caused by their own actions and/or negligence or Acts of Nature, including storm damage, tree damage due to wind/storm, etc. All campers and all of their visitors/guests each agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Shaine, Rhonda, Connor, and Ian McCullough and their employees and staff (collectively, "Owners") from and against any and all claims for death, bodily injury, and destruction or damage of property, losses, costs, liens, liabilities, or expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees, court costs and disbursements, incurred by Owners and arising in any way from the use of the campground and its facilities by any camper and his/her guests or visitors.
Our rules and policies are subject to change at our discretion. Current rules and policies will be posted in our office and on our Facebook Page and website.